FIVE STAR GUIDES
Wildlife & Nature Tour
The Western Cape where Five Star Guides is based is not the best place in the country for ‘Big Five’ game viewing (lion, rhino, elephant, etc.). These animals aren’t indigenous to the Western Cape and those reserves that do offer ‘safaris’ with the larger animals in the Western Cape have imported those animals for the sake of tourism.
Rather, the Western Cape is prized for staggering floral diversity and its coastal and marine wildlife. On tour with us, depending on the season, your Five Star Guide will choose which region of the Cape to visit. For example, in the spring (September and October), you might like to visit the spectacular desert flower show in the West Coast National Park, where the desert floor lights up with a carpet-like expanse of infinitely varied flowers.
Or perhaps in the winter (June – September), take a trip with us to the Overberg Coast: here you can see a huge variety of marine wildlife either by boat, or from the land. The Southern Right whale comes to our shores to calve in our winters, and the Great White Shark as well as Cape Fur Seals are also in abundance.
In the summer, (November – May), you might prefer to swim with dolphins or visit the many colonies of African Penguin around our coast.
What To Expect
- journey through the Western Cape’s most little-known reserves away from the tourists and crowds
- encounter a wide range of indigenous and endemic species of flower, tree, and aquatic mammals, including the African Penguin, Bottlenose Dolphin, Fur Seal and Southern Right Whale
- lunch venues specially selected for you according to your preferences (to own account)
- hotel collection & drop-off in Cape Town & surrounding neighbourhoods
- private luxury vehicle with your personal guide and driver